Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sleep Lab, or the night I slept with a strange man...

So, I wasn't actually sleeping with the strange man, more like he was watching me. And he wasn't all that strange, more like really funny and I am not sure you could call what I did Sleep but hey, it's all relative.

I had to go to the sleep lab last night to be observed for Sleep Apnea. After hooking you up to about 35 wire leads placed all over your body they tell you to relax and go to sleep. Yeah right. 'Cause that's really conducive to great sleep.

I took the Ambien the doctor prescribed me and I did fall asleep relatively quickly. Things went well enough (or badly enough depending on your point of view) that they woke me in the middle of the night to hook me up to a CPAP machine. So, this is the type of machine http://www.thecpapshop.com/product_page_detail.asp?ProductID=416&ProductCatID=8&Search= and while it looks a bit weird to be wearing it, I actually slept really well with it.

I go back in two weeks to find out my results. I do know that I must have stopped breathing at least 80 times per hour because they told me they wouldn't put the CPAP on me until I reached that goal. Hey, look Ma, I'm a winner! Ptttthhh.

Off to the Valentine's Day parties at school. I really could use a few more hours.

No comments: