Thursday, March 6, 2008

New camera

Here I am sitting down to type on the blog when I should be going to bed. Oh well, tomorrow's Friday, right?

I got me a nifty new camera today. Now the obvious thing to do would be to display a beautiful picture that I took with this new camera, wouldn't it? But Nooooooo, that's not what I am going to do. I am still trying to figure out how to use the darn thing.

Can someone explain to me WHY a simple DVD player has 98 pages of instructions but a camera with a number of features only has about 7 pages of instructions? This thing didn't tell me how to put the battery in, how to put the memory chip in, how to make a video, nothing. Nada.

All the booklet basically has is a legend showing what all the little symbols on the screen stand for. Mind you, it doesn't tell you which buttons to push to get those little symbols to show up on the screen, just what they mean if you ever happen upon them in your frustrated efforts to take a picture. So we will see what comes of that. It's a cute camera though, if that counts for anything. Let's see if I can find it. My camera (but mine's in red). Hey, that website is pretty good. Apparently there's a "fun" feature on my camera. Whatta ya know, Joe?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to other topics. Lost another pound tonight. Brings my grand total to 16.4. This has been a long week with some emotional baggage from my job and I will be glad to leave it behind. Looking forward to some R&R this weekend and maybe some knitting.

No comments: