Thursday, August 14, 2008

Glass, Twilight, Crafting

I have a lot to talk about but I think this is going to be a short post. As with everyone else, life is busy right now.


I was at a work conference last week in Tacoma. I wanted to go to the Museum of Glass but it wasn't open during the hours I was free so I only got to walk through the Bridge of Glass but WOW, was it awesome. Look at this gorgeousness!!!








After that the family headed to Vancouver to visit relatives. We went to the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. It was really neat. Brandon knew about almost every plane in there. He is so into military history, it's almost scary. This is the museum's website. It is home to the Spruce Goose. Quite a large plane. I wish I could have gotten a photo of it but it is just too big to fit into one frame.



The next day we went boating in the Columbia River. Talk about beautiful. Here's a photo:





And another:



We were all exhausted when we got home but it was a nice way to end the summer. As if we are actually done with summer. I think I will have to go back to work to actually get any rest from our run-run-run lifestyle.



Now on to the good stuff. Twilight. Have you read it? It's by Stephinie Meyer. It's about vampires. It's great. I read the first 3 books in the series in the past week. I want to start the 4th book but I don't have it yet and figure I better take a bit of a break so I am reading Middlemarch by George Eliot. I really recommend it (Twilight, that is-although Middlemarch is good too). It's supposed to be for Young Adults and I am sure it is (and there is a refreshing lack of sex, although it is very sexy) but it reads well for Old Adults too.



Finally, I must point everyone in the direction of a wonderful artist. She lives near Tri-Cities and she has the CUTEST stuff in the world. Crabapple Hills Studio resides here. If you look for Hocuspocusville you can see what I am going to work on next. Well, a modified version anyway. I'm not ready for quilting yet.

No knitting going on at the moment. I finished a burp rag and need to start another but I am in a reading mode, not a knitting mode. Enjoy the rest of summer. I'm off to work on some dishes.

No comments: