Friday, June 13, 2008

Schools Out!

No more recess
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks!


I survived the first year of working at school! I LOVE my job. I would be lying if I didn't also admit that I am REALLY glad it's summer vacation time! Working with kids all day can tend to wear a person out and the thought of 3 months of downtime is pure bliss. Of course, my own kids started fighting the first day off.



I caught the blooming of my peonies this year. All three plants bloomed. This was my favorite. They smell so lovely, I wished they bloomed year-round. My gardens are an absolute mess and I don't feel much up to rectifying the situation. I didn't even grow any tomatoes this year.

My garden is a good indicator of how I feel right now. Kind of disjointed and disorganized. With gas being so expensive, and food being so expensive and just life being so expensive it is feeling a bit overwhelming lately. I am trying to take comfort in the fact that everyone is feeling the pinch these days and I am most definitely not alone.

We do have some upcoming fun. This Father's Day we will go to Safeco Field to catch an M's game. I have never been and now that I really understand what is going on in baseball (well, there are a few rules on outs and stuff that I don't quite get yet) I am really looking forward to it. T's Cub Scout group was given tickets from a generous company here in our town so that all the boys could go and take their families.

As to my other summer plans, I am going to try to learn to use my camera, clean out closets, clean up my craft space and keep up with my Weight Watchers. That's been a struggle lately. We have been eating a lot of junk during baseball season and I am trying to kick myself back into gear to lose weight.

I will write more when I am more coherent. I'm just feeling very disjointed today.

No comments: